Traditional Chinese medicine explains acupuncture as a technique for balancing the flow of energy or life force — known as chi or qi (chee) — believed to flow through pathways (meridians) in your body. By inserting needles into specific points along these meridians, acupuncture practitioners believe that your energy flow will re-balance.
Acupuncture is used mainly to relieve discomfort associated with a variety of diseases and conditions which can stem from our chi or energy meridians that are out of balance in our bodies, including:
- Anxiety and stress
- Insomnia – The buddhists refer to the Monkey Mind- Let me calm that for you. Balancing the mind and spirit are my specialty
- Headaches, including tension headaches and migraines
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Menstrual cramps and Associated issues with Menstrual Issues PMS Hormonal imbalance and Fertility. First step for fertility is to regulate the cycle which Acupuncture can do.
- Chemotherapy-induced and postoperative nausea and vomiting
- Respiratory disorders, such as allergic rhinitis, sinusitis etc. Strengthening the lung qi during smoking cessation points for addictions.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin needles through your skin at strategic points on your body. A key component of traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is most commonly used to treat pain. Increasingly, it is being used for overall wellness, including stress management.
White Birch Healing offers 50 minute appointments ($95), or add-on acupuncture sessions to any massage therapy treatment.
A few important facts
- Jennifer is a member in good standing of the Maritime Association of Registered Acupuncturists (MARA).
- Direct billing is available on site for most private insurance companies.
- Treatments are conducted in a private, quiet, healing room.
- Aromatherapy is available by request at no additional cost.
- Jennifer is trained in specialized Auricular (ear) Acupuncture and use of Moxa (see below for more details).
- Table warmer is available by request at no additional cost.
- Treatments are available by appointment only.
- Coming soon – Guasha treatments!
Moxa ( Mugwort or Artemesia ) is an herb that is dried and rolled into cones. It is an amazing healing plant that radiates heat when lit on the gentle smoke is waved around an acupuncture point or area of pain. Traditionally this herb was placed on top of slice of ginger ( to avoid burning) near, on, or around an acupuncture point. Moxibustion has been used for thousands of years to promote healing, warmth, and as a longevity practice in ancient China. It is an ancient healing art and extraordinarily valuable.
Moxa is helpful with the treatment of PTSD, trauma, stress, anxiety, digestive issues, pain management, insomnia, inflammation, fertility, menstrual pain, hormonal issues (ie. night sweats).
Moxa is a available as an add-on treatment to both acupuncture and massage therapy appointments.
Coming soon – head and neck Guasha treatments!
What Jennifer’s clients are saying…
“I started going to Jennifer this summer after I was diagnosed with tennis elbow and tendonitis. What a huge improvement even after my first treatment. Her treatments have helped random knee pain, inflammation, headaches and more. Everyone should make acupuncture a staple treatment in their health maintenance.! – Amy Hunter, December 2021
“Peaceful, calm and inviting are the feelings when you enter Jens space. I have been a client for a few years. Acupuncture has been successful in pain management for the inflammation with my tennis elbow. With lifting that I do on on a daily basis acupuncture has been the go to treatment for best management. Her treatments allow me to live life to the fullest. I leave treatment with a calm heart, mind and soul, the added bonus…..Knowledge and compassion for her profession have made me a lifer client.” – T.C.